Art Hirsch (TerraLogic) has worked with the CDOT Environmental Programs Branch on stormwater and water quality projects for the past 10 years. These projects involve the management of stormwater for the CDOT Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program. He served as a water quality consultant during the early years of the CDOT MS4 Program to develop water quality guidance and protocols. He served as the Consultant- Project Manager (for Felsburg Holt & Ullevig) during the time in which a Notice of Violation was issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). TerraLogic currently provides stormwater consulting for the CDOT MS4 Program under CH2M HILL in the area of technical quality control, and is a Task Leader for the CDOT Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping. His past accomplishments include:
- Managed multi-disciplinary teams to develop and implement the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4)/Water Quality Program encompassing six CDOT Regions.
- Created a team using independent subcontractors (experts in specific water quality fields) along with internal employees.
- Provided technical and management consulting to seven specific stormwater task elements as per EPA and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) permit requirements.
- Managed the development of best management practices design criteria for construction, post construction and maintenance facility activities.
- Managed Notice of Violation requirements and submittals to CDPHE
- Provided technical consulting on issues associated with TMDL risks and watershed management issues
- Supported CDOT’s Environmental Management System approach for water stormwater management.
Project Date: 1996-present
CDOT Contact/Reference: Tom Boyce CDOT EPB/Rick Willard CDOT EPB